1/1 Photo of Vegetable Soup
1 hr 20 mins
A low-fat veggie soup recipe which is nice on a winters night with some warmed crusty dinner rolls. I am not sure of US equivalent of can sizes, so I hope the 14 oz I have put where cans are needed are correct. Basically, just your average can size, not small and not fat, just normal size! Hope that makes sense!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot, sliced and diced
- 1 large onion, sliced and diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced and diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, sliced and diced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 1/2 parsnip, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can four-bean mix or 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 teaspoons chicken stock
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1Chop up all the vegetables listed. I have put celery sticks as optional as my husband doesnt like them, but I do!
- 2Add all vegetables to dutch oven or similar pan.
- 3Add tinned tomatoes and tin of bean mix.
- 4Mix stock with hot water and add.
- 5Add water (I usually add the water till my dutch oven is almost full - leaving about 5 cms from the top of the pot.
- 6Add herbs and mix well.
- 7Cook on stove until boiling, then turn down to low and cook for about an hour stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: