Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these when the kids asked for Mexican food. They were delicious - served with Veggie Fajitas. I think this recipe would work well with almost any kind of beans.
- 350 g pinto beans, dry
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 5 cups water
- Spray the slow-cooker with cooking spray. Rinse and sort the beans, add to the prepared slow-cooker.
- Add all the spices and the olive oil to the beans. Stir until every bean is coated with the spice mixture.
- Add the onion, tomato, garlic and cilantro to the beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the water over all. Cook on high for 5-7 hours - stirring occasionally.