Crock Pot Pinto Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried pinto beans
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 jalapenos, finely chopped (i like it spicy you can leave this out)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (also optional)
- Rinse dried pintos under cool water and drain
- Put them into a large bowl and cover with hot water and let sit over night.This helps cut down on cooking time and take some of the "gas" out. They will swell quite a bit so you need a large bowl.
- In the morning, rinse beans well with cool water, drain and then put in crock pot.
- Add chicken broth and all other ingredients.
- Fill with water till water is about an inch or 2 above beans.
- Cook on low all day for about 8-9 hours.
- Cook up some cornbread and you are ready to eat!
Join The Conversation
Have you ever added bbq sauce to these pinto beans? My mom use to make beans like this but added bbq sauce and we called them bbq beans. She has passed away and she never measured anything so no recipe exist for her famous beans. Just wondered if you had use bbq sauce and how much would you recommend in your opinion? Thanks, TS