Slow Cooker BBQ Pinto Beans
- 1 lb dried pinto bean, rinsed and picked over
- 4 cups water, hot
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in an electric slow cooker on low heat. Cover and cook about 7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Drain cooking liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Set on high heat and cook uncovered 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation