Copycat Chipotle Pinto Beans
photo by EmKenBken
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 16 ounces dried pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (7 1/16 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from one lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot, or dutch oven medium-high.
- Add onion, beans, cumin, oregano, garlic, bay leaf, 2 chipotle chilies, and 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the same can. Add enough water to pot to cover beans.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until beans are tender, but not falling apart. Remove from heat. Remove bay leaves and chipotle chilies. Stir in lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!