Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found at a food blog, but I can't remember where. The original recipe didn't say how long to bake the cake for, so I always start with 30 minutes and work from there.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9in cake pans.
- In small bowl combine milk, egg whites, vanilla, scraped insides of vanilla bean and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder and combine at low speed.
- On low, add butter pieces one at a time and then oil; mix until resembles moist crumbs.
- Add milk mixture and beat at medium speed for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stop mixture, scrape down sides of bowl and beat again for about 30 more seconds.
- Divide batter evenly between pans and place in the oven to bake until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean (start testing at approximately 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire racks and cool completely, about an hour.
- Frost as desired.