Chocolate Garbanzo Bean Cake
I actually saw this mentioned on a Weight Watchers board and found the recipe online. I didn't find it on RecipeZarr, so I thought I would add it. My friend calls it Chocolate F*rt Cake! It is different and one way to get some fiber in your diet. I am sure you could play around with an egg substitute and Splenda.
- Ready In:
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drain
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- powdered sugar, for dusting- (optional)
- Puree in food processor till smooth the beans and eggs.
- Add the baking powder and sugar, pulse till smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring often till smooth.
- Add to food processor, pulse till smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Dust with sugar if you like.
- *I could not find a 19oz can of beans, so I used about 2 cups.
- *I also added a splash of vanilla flavoring.
- *I also 'floured" my pan with dark cocoa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was just reviewing some recipes that I could make with a can of chick peas (Garbanzo beans). Thought I would give it a try - It was simple to make. My sister who is the known baker in our family got to taste my first cake and her words were "Wow". Bringing two of these cakes for Christmas day. My cake did split a little, but it is not the end of the world, more for me if someone does not want to eat it because of its looks. Merry Christmas!Reply
I have a friend who is GF, so I'm always looking for GF things to bake and when I saw this recipe, I had to try it! I only made half a batch as I had some leftover chickpeas to use, and following the advice of some of the other reviews, I added some vanilla extract. I made about 5 large cupcakes, and they were sooo good. Moist, dense, chocolatey, and best of all, a much healthier version of chocolate cake/cupcakes. They were a bit soft though, and kind of fell apart when I bit into one, but still they were amazing. Definitely going to make this again and again, and not just for my GF friend!Reply