Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Saw this on TV today and it sounded wonderful.
Make and share this Uptown Tuna Casserole Recipe (Rachael Ray) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced, washed and dried
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups whole milk or 1 1⁄2-2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2-2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, loosely packed, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for noodles. Salt boiling water and cook noodles to al dente.
- While water comes to a boil, place oven rack in center of oven and turn on broiler. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with EVOO, a turn of the pan, and butter. When butter melts into oil, add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes. Then add leeks and garlic and allow leeks to wilt, 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle flour over leeks and mushrooms and stir 1 minute. Then whisk in wine for half a minute, then whisk in milk and half and half or cream and simmer a couple of minute to thicken and reduce sauce. Then stir in Dijon mustard and season sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in peas, tarragon and tuna, then return sauce to bubble and turn off heat. Add cooked noodles to sauce, transfer to a casserole and top with Gruyere cheese. Pop casserole in oven and broil until bubbly and brown, 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chives or parsley and serve immediately.
I made this for Zaar Cookbook Tag and I am glad I did. I cut the recipe in half and used tuna in water instead of the oil but followed the rest of the ingredients. Definately a keeper. Thank you.