Chicken Scarpariello - Rachael Ray
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 hot cherry peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper juice, from jar
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over med-high. Cut chicken into large chunks and season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Add 1 T oil to hot pan. Set chicken in pan, and do not turn for 2-3 minute Brown 3 minutes on each side, then remove.
- Add bell peppers, hot peppers, and garlic to pan. Saute 5 min, tossing and turning frequently.
- Add wine to pan and reduce 1 minute Scrape up pan drippings. Add broth and bring up to a bubble.
- Set chicken back in pan. Toss parsley with chicken and peppers, and cook chicken through, 2-3 minute Stir pepper juice into pan.
- Serve over orzo.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a winner! I had never had this before, and I was hesitant. I was afraid it would be incredibly hot. As it turns out, the pepper juice just gives everything a really nice flavor. This was so easy to put together, and I used your suggestion of serving it over the Orzo with Parsley and Lemon Zest. I could see this becoming one of our go-to meals. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former retail management slave who is now a stay at home mom who absolutely loves her job. I have an eight year old, a two year old and a nine month old who all bring their own kind of joy to my life. My favorite thing in the world is to cook. We have a real, from scratch family dinner almost every night. Please don't be offended if I somewhat change a recipe in my review. I look at recipes sort of as guidelines, and alter them according to inspiration. I've received alot of helpful advice from reviews, that's why I share what I've done differently. With my little ones I'm pretty busy, but I LOVE this site and plan on being even more active as they get older.