Balsamic Glazed Cicken Cabrese Sandwich (Rachael Ray)
Saw her make this on one of her shows and tried it, with a slight adjustment.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices, smoked
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 425ËšF.
- Arrange tomatoes on a cooling rack set over baking sheet and roast 20 minutes.
- Combine balsamic, oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano in large plastic food storage bag or shallow dish. Set chicken into marinade and let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat grill pan or griddle to medium-high. Shake excess marinade off chicken and place on grill. Season with grill seasoning blend. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Combine arugula and basil, and pile onto roll bottoms. Top greens with a piece of chicken, 2 pieces of cheese and a couple of oven-roasted tomatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very yummy sandwich. The basil and arugula were perfect with this sandwich. I only used one piece of cheese, to try and cut fat and calories. Cutting my chicken breast in half horizontally didn't fill up my ciabatta roll, but maybe my roll was a bit large. Or maybe my chicken breast was small? Next time, I'll cut my chicken breast to fit the roll so that there aren't as many bites with nothing but cheese and arugula/basil/roasted tomato. I decided to paint my ciabatta rolls with some homemade italian dressing to keep it from being dry....worked out wonderfully! Overall, this is a 5 star recipe!