Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
I wanted to make a light style soup using many of the fresh veggies that are available at this time. This soup is easy to make and tastes so good.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped small
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml hot water
- 44.37 ml chicken soup base
- 3 white nugget potatoes, washed and cubed 1/4 inch
- 4 small young carrots, washed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh dill weed or 14.78 ml dried dill weed
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh parsley or 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 236.59 ml cauliflower floret, broken into small pieces
- 354.88 ml chopped chopped small celery ribs
- 473.18 ml fresh young peas (petite) or 473.18 ml use frozen tiny peas (petite)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 3.69 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 88.74 ml idaho potato flakes
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- In a cooking pot on medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and saute' on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute' for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to boil.
- Add chicken soup base, cubed nugget potatoes, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, dill weed, parsley and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until carrots are just tender, but still firm.
- Add cauliflower, celery, young peas, red pepper, green onion, white pepper, seasoning salt, Idaho potato flakes and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add whipping cream slowly, stirring all the while when adding.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Remove soup from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any unused portions.