1/2 Photos of Uncle Bill's Fresh Young Pea & Vegetable Soup
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I wanted to make a light style soup using many of the fresh veggies that are available at this time. This soup is easy to make and tastes so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped small
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 3 white nugget potatoes, washed and cubed 1/4 inch
- 4 small young carrots, washed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill weed or 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup cauliflower floret, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chopped small celery ribs
- 2 cups fresh young peas (petite) or 2 cups use frozen tiny peas (petite)
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 tablespoons idaho potato flakes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1In a cooking pot on medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- 2Add chopped onions and saute' on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and saute' for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth and water and bring to boil.
- 5Add chicken soup base, cubed nugget potatoes, and cook for 4 minutes.
- 6Add carrots, dill weed, parsley and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until carrots are just tender, but still firm.
- 7Add cauliflower, celery, young peas, red pepper, green onion, white pepper, seasoning salt, Idaho potato flakes and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat and add whipping cream slowly, stirring all the while when adding.
- 9Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 10Remove soup from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 11Refrigerate any unused portions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Fresh Young Pea & Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 484.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: