Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for a potatoe side dish from Uganda, It is simple to make, fast & very tasty! Posted for ZWT 4.
- 1 kg potato, peeled & parboiled
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon piri piri chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil and saute the onions. When they begin to turn golden, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add all of the ground spices gradually and stir fry for about 1 minute
- Now add the tomato puree, lemon juice, parsley and salt to taste.
- Cut the parboiled potatoes into 1/2" pieces & add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to distribute the sauce and add 3/4 cup of water.
- Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced. (You should add a little extra water if the potatoes look a little dry whilst cooking).
Thank you for a great side dish. My kitchen smelled wonderful and the dish tasted even better!
Great dish - Thank you!!
These were vary tasty. Served them with Pot Roast with gravy - Indian style. I have been looking for new ways to serve potatoes and this is defenitly a winner. Thank you for the great recipe!