Recipe by Karyl Lee
I won a cooking contest with the first version of this salad. This variation was a big hit too.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 lb chopped bell pepper (red and yellow)
- 1 cup salsa, of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 small chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 large romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 small nectarines, chopped
- 1⁄4 fresh snow pea, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup sliced seedless cucumber
- 1⁄2 lb roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded goat cheese
- blue corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic and chop the peppers and onion, putting them into a large pan with room for the turkey. Add the olive oil and herbs and saute'.
- When the vegetables wilt, add the turkey and cook until the turkey is browned. Drain if necessary, and then add the salsa and allow to heat thru on lowered temperature.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare your greens, fruit, tomatoes, snow peas and cucumber, plating individually or on a large platter as preferred.
- Shred the goat cheese and set aside.
- When all is ready, place turkey on the salad, add the shredded goat cheese, and edge with chips. Enjoy!