Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I developed this recipe to use up leftover turkey, but it's good with chicken too.
Make and share this Turkey Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 4 crushed chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cooked cut-up turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- additional water
- In soup pot, combine first 4 ingredients.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, boullion, water, and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Add turkey and peas.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix flour and worcestershire sauce with enough water to make a paste.
- Stir into soup quickly, stirring until thickened.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
What a great use for leftover turkey. I made a few changes like adding carrots, more thyme and we LOVED it!
Very easy and tasty. I added a little oregano, basil, and parsley. Served it with a side salad and bread for a nice meal. Thanks for sharing.