Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This is one of my very favorite "holiday leftover" recipes. It's really great because you can basically add any leftover vegetables to the soup. Again, from my Rachel Ray collection.
- 4 -6 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs light and dark cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green peas or 1 cup other leftover mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish.
- Place dish in oven and reheat 12 to 15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and lightly season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and stock and bring liquid to a boil by raising heat.
- Add turkey and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, and peas, if using.
- Remove stuffing from oven.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of a soup bowl.
- Ladle soup around stuffing ball.
- Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.