Brown Sugar Cupcakes With Brown Butter Glaze
photo by berry271
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- Soften 2 sticks butter.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Cream 2 sticks butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- Add buttermilk (Plain yogurt also works well) and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Set cupcakes on wax paper to cool.
- When ready to frost, melt remaining stick of butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add confectioners sugar and vanilla to butter and mix. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until smooth and of your desired thickness. I like to leave it on the thick side so it doesn't run off the sides of the cupcakes, but it's up to you what you like.
- Spoon glaze over each cupcake and swirl it around.
- Let stand until glaze is set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!