Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't know where the name came from, but it is interesting. Found this delightful recipe on another website. I am guessing at the number of servings.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 4 bananas, chopped (about 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in oil and eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tests done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting: Combine all ingredients and frost cake.
- Keep covered and refrigerated.
Wow! What a great cake! We had it for dessert tonite, with guests & all of them wanted the recipe! Really moist and very flavorful cake!
This was the best everyday cake that I have ever made--even though we had it without the frosting. Although I didn't use the nuts (as my son doesn't like nuts) the four of us loved this cake and devoured every crumb. This was the perfect ending to a spicy Chinese meal. Thanks Marie for posting this delicious keeper. We will be having it again very soon.