Stroopwafels (Syrup Waffels)
photo by retiree09
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 table spoons dark corn syrup
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Cut the butter into the flour.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and yeast and mix well.
- Set aside for 30-60 minutes.
- Roll into balls and cook in a pizelle iron.
- Boil the syrup ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan and boil until the syrup is at the soft ball stage.
- Split the waffles in half, spread the cut side with syrup, and then place the halves back together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Recipezaar to learn new recipes that are home cooked. I grew up having ready-meals like Encor and Stouffers and needed recipes that don't simply require opening a box and plopping in the oven! I enjoy cooking when I have the time to try new dishes. I make every recipe as written if I'm reviewing it to give a true review. If I make alterations that aren't in the directions, I don't feel it's a true reflection of the recipe; it's another recipe to me. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/329769/ninja%20bmp.jpg" width=75%> (Zaar World Tour 4) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=cunningcrocodiles.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/cunningcrocodiles.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/DSC_0020.jpg"> (Australia/New Zealand Swap #15)