Scottish Cheese Scones
- Ready In:
- 250 g white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 deciliter milk
- 100 g grated cheese
- Rub the cold butter in the flour.
- Add all other ingredients and knead until a nice dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out until it is 1 cm thick.
- Cut out circles, using a glass. Brush the top with some milk.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Serve with butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These scones have a fantastic flavour, very cheesy and yummy! The texture is more like a muffin, very soft. A great scone to spread with cream cheese.<br/>I like how quick and easy these were to prepare and that the recipe uses ingredients I almost always have on hand.<br/>However I had some trouble working with the dough. I made half the recipe and used less milk than stated, but still the dough was very wet and shaping required a lot of patience. I think next time Ill use even less milk and then these will be even easier to make. :)<br/>THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Elaniemay!
Mmmm, yummy scones, These scones are so good. I make a very similar recipe all the time and they are great on there own or with soup, and even with loaded butter, and yet more cheese. Not very healthy, but hey! who needs healthy all the time. I made them to the recipe with one addition, I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on top after the cheese, I think it brings out the flavour of your cheese, and I used Scottish cheddar. Thank you for posting Made for ZWT#6 2010