Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 beaten egg
- Make pastry: beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Dough will be VERY sticky.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill at least one hour.
- Filling: Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Stir in salt, thyme, flour and sour cream.
- Cook until thickened.
- Cool completely.
- Divide the pastry dough in half.
- Put remaining half back in frige.
- Roll other half out on floured board to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-3 inch round cookie cutter.
- Drop a spoonful of filling onto each circle.
- Brush edges with beaten egg.
- Fold dough over filling and press edges together.
- Brush tops of turnovers with beaten egg.
- Cut a small slit in the top of each turnover to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Makes about 3 doz.