photo by ImPat
- Ready In:
- 400 g pie apples
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- sifted icing sugar, to decorate
- Place apples in a bowl with sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cut pastry sheets into quarters.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture and 1 teaspoon jam onto one half of each pastry square.
- Brush each square with a little of the egg around edge of pastry.
- Fold over pastry to enclose filling, then pinch and fold edges to seal.
- Place turnovers on oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with some sifted icing sugar if desired.
- The turnovers are best served warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used my own apple filling recipe (for dietary needs) but I had a lot of problems with my puff pastry (just wouldn't seal properly and well stretchy and gluey) and I found 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple mixture was definately enough and in all the kerfuffle I forgot to put in the jam (which I was only going to do with half of them) but served with vanilla icecream and cream (cream for 3 not me) and a dusting of icing sugar and it was good eating. After I attempted to make the first 2 with troubles I put my apple mix in the fridge a totally cooled it to cold (the mix was still just warm with the first 2 which I think contributed to the problem - SO RECOMMEND A COLD APPLE MIX). Thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 10.
Absolutely delicious!!! I made this to take to a family breakfast gathering and it was enjoyed by everyone. They all thought that I had bought it. I didn't make individual pastries, as I wanted to get more out of it. So I made it as a whole, and then sliced it to get more serving. I will defiantly make this again. Made for NZ/AUS Make my Recipe Tag Game
Made these for breakfast for some company we had overnight &, fresh from the oven, they were a big hit! I used Granny Smiths which I'd also used for some homemade applesauce! Especially enjoyed the inclusion of the strawberry jam ~ Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Make My Recipe]