Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this to be a nice recipe to serve if you are entertaining. It was enjoyed by all at my house.
- 1 can undiluted tomato soup
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can small shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- Heat soup to boiling.
- Dissolve gelatin in the 1/4 cup cold water and add to soup.
- Mix together the cheese and mayonnaise, and add to soup mixture and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a well greased mould, and put in the refrigerator.
- Unmould and serve with your favorite crackers.
I had lost this recipe and was happy to find again. I have never tried it using shrimp, but have always used a good quality fresh lump crab meat. The rest of the ingredients are the same. Always a hit as an appetizer. Serve with saltines or other cracker that doesn't have a conflicting flavor. This is a wonderful recipe.