Comforting Cheeseburger Pasta
- Ready In:
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup packed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 -3 tablespoons gruyere, extra to sprinkle over the top
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- Bring some water to boil in a large pan, add a little olive oil and cook pasta al dente, you do not want it to be to soft as there is extra cooking in the oven.
- Brown beef in a pan, remove and wipe pan clean, heat a small amount of oil in pan add onion cook until onion softens.
- Retuen beef to pan with soup, water, garlic, parsley, oregano and cheeses stir to combine and continuing stirring until all the cheese has melted. Stir in pasta.
- Transfer mixture to an oven proof dish, sprinkle with parmesan and gruyere cheese. Bake in a 180°c oven until top browns about 8 Min's.
- Serves 4-6 depending on appetites, it will keep a couple of days in the fridge so the leftovers make a good quick lunch you can reheat in the microwave.
Join The Conversation
Quick, easy weeknight meal, like you said! Good taste, although I would prefer a little more tomato flavor. I skipped adding water entirely and instead cooked the pasta until it was done, mixed everything together, and then baked for the recommended time to melt the cheese. It worked fine this way. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>