Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb tomatillo, husked,rinsed,and chopped (about 15)
- 3 chili peppers, with seeds
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves or 3⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and puree.
I did roast my tomatillos and pepper first then proceeded. Very good with a tart flavor.
I made this for 1st time....no seeds in the chilis and...wow is it hot and spicy. I will find many good uses for this. I like how fresh it tastes. I will make a variation by mixing it with avocado.
This is a great recipe because it is versatile. We roasted green bell peppers, yellow onion slices, and garlic before proceding with the rest of the recipe and we are all still licking our fingers! A few roasted veggies ALWAYS add to any fantastic combo, but what a great start! Also, we used agave nectar for the sweetener. Thanks for a super idea! 5 stars