Recipe by JillAZ
from a book called "Rotisserie Chicken to the rescue!" Great ideas for leftover chicken.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Love trying different versions of posole, and this was absolutely delicious. Can't find fresh shallots around here, so had to use freeze dried. Turned out very well. Probably won't be the last time to eat this. Thnx for posting, Jill.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 30 ounces hominy, drained
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces salsa verde (green salsa)
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Toppings of choice
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- chopped avocado
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the chilies, garlic, and shallot. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and the chili powder, cumin and salt. STir to blend.
- Add the hominy and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove cover, stir in the salsa, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.