Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made these sandwiches when I had extra salami from making a pizza earlier in the week. My husband and I both love them.
- 2 pub-style sandwich buns
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 slices salami or 4 slices pepperoni
- 5 slices deli turkey or 5 slices deli chicken
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (optional)
- Butter both halves of the buns.
- Broil in the oven until just turning brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Add cheese to the top half of the bun.
- Add turkey and salami to bottom half of bun.
- Return to oven and broil until cheese just melted.
- Remove from oven and add mayonnaise and mustard if desired.
This was very tasty! I used chicken and salami and did use the optional condiments. Enjoyed with some homemade Refrigerator Kosher Dill Pickles on the side. Thanks for sharing!
Great flavor combo. We really enjoyed these sandwiches with a bowl of homemade soup.
Very tasty! I was a little leary about the combination, but one bite and I was hooked! :) So simple and easy to put together and I served with potato chips and a pickle and dinner was delicious! :) Thanks for sharing this recipe I know we'll enjoy again! Made for PAC Fall 08