Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty Indonesian dish with shrimp and vegetables
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 300 g peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 bok choy, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced at an angle
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and green onion. Add water, cover and cook until the shrimp is no longer translucent in the center and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch into the fish sauce in a small bowl. Stir into the Tjap Tjai along with the oyster sauce, Sugar and pepper, add salt to taste, stir until thickened.