Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The title says it all. This is wonderful.
Make and share this The Best Oyster Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions and celery until transparent.
- Soak the bread in water. Drain and squeeze water out of bread. Tear into small pieces and add to onion mixture.
- Add egg, parsley and oysters.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices.
- Simmer until oysters begin to curl.
- If the mixture is soggy, add bread crumbs; it should be very moist but there should be no excess liquid.
- Turn into a 2 qt casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
This was really good. I thought the oyster taste was a little strong, so next time I will double the recipe but leave the oysters as is. This was nice and moist. Not too dry at all! Thanks for the recipe.