Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title says it all. This is wonderful.
Make and share this The Best Oyster Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions and celery until transparent.
- Soak the bread in water. Drain and squeeze water out of bread. Tear into small pieces and add to onion mixture.
- Add egg, parsley and oysters.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices.
- Simmer until oysters begin to curl.
- If the mixture is soggy, add bread crumbs; it should be very moist but there should be no excess liquid.
- Turn into a 2 qt casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.