Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The title says it all. This is wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 4 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 pint oyster, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions and celery until transparent.
- Soak the bread in water. Drain and squeeze water out of bread. Tear into small pieces and add to onion mixture.
- Add egg, parsley and oysters.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices.
- Simmer until oysters begin to curl.
- If the mixture is soggy, add bread crumbs; it should be very moist but there should be no excess liquid.
- Turn into a 2 qt casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
This was really good. I thought the oyster taste was a little strong, so next time I will double the recipe but leave the oysters as is. This was nice and moist. Not too dry at all! Thanks for the recipe.