Oyster Dressing Casserole
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ham seasoning or 1/2 lb ham steak, coarsley processed in food processor
- 8 ounces oysters, fresh with liquid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 cups green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Butter 13"x9" baking pan.
- In large Dutch oven, brown ground beef and ham, breaking up large pieces; drain.
- Add onion, bellpepper, celery and garlic; saute until tender.
- In the meantime, without cleaning the processor from ham, add oysters with liquid and process until smooth.
- Add oyster mixture to pot, stirring until well mixed, cooking about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add parsley, green onions, paprika, and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off fire.
- Add breadcrumbs and combine well.
- Turn mixture into prepared baking pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle top with additional breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!