Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful honey cake recipe, I have been making this for years, it always turns out fantastic, the addition of tea makes it taste so good, and moist, you will love this recipe, I am sure. ENJOY!
Top Review by Kasha
I would make this again, as it tastes good, but I would do it in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchement to get it out. It stuck worse to a well Pammed bundt pan than anything I have ever seen, I had to dig it out and it is in pieces and crumbs on a plate. My husband is eating it for breakfast, but no way I could serve it to the people I wanted to. Make it, but be VERY careful about sticking!
- 1 1⁄2 cups liquid honey
- 1 cup strong brewed tea
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Grease a Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, allspice and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring honey JUST to a boil; remove from heat, and stir in tea and grated lemon peel; set pan aside and cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat eggs for about 5 minutes, or until thick, pale and frothy.
- Beat in oil and vanilla or brandy (if using).
- Beat in sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until well blended.
- Alternately fold in flour and honey mixture (batter will be fairly thin).
- Add/fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake in center oven for 60-70 mins, or until cake tests done.
- To make glaze: in a small bowl, whisk together, 1/2 cup icing sugar and 4 tsp fresh lemon juice to make a glaze, drizzle over cake.