Recipe by Trinkets
This is my way of cheating.I love curry pastes from the grocery. Such an ideal time saver. You can make this as spicy as you like by adding more of the Thai Kitchen's green curry paste. We serve this dish over rice or rice noodles and with pappadums and assorted pickles and chutney.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- canola oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons green curry paste (Thai Kitchen brand)
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste (Roland's brand)
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 6 ounces sofrito sauce (cilantro)
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large skillet and add canola oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions until wilted.
- Add coconut milk and green curry pastes, chicken stock, sugar, sofrito, and tamari and simmer about 20 minutes, sitting occasionally.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the peas and stir well.
- Once the chicken has reheated the dish is ready to be served.