Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
A roomate in University taught it to me, It was kind of my first venture into cooking. I live on it now.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 onion, julienned
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup snow peas
- 3 -4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1⁄4 hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil and quickly cook chicken with some onion.
- Add peanut butter and sugar to chicken (taking care not to scorch); push to one side of the skillet/wok.
- Scramble egg on one side of skillet.
- Add vegetables, soy sauce and rice to chicken, and mix in scrambled egg.
This recipe is confusing the way it is written. Is everything prepared in the same pan (chicken, eggs and vegetables)??? Or are the eggs scrambled in the pan with the chicken and the vegetables stir-fried in a separate pan?