Recipe by Adopted Parisian
A super easy way to make this delicious Thai favorite! Friends who are self-proclaimed "meat and potato only" eaters, have loved this take on an exotic and sumptuous dish. We love with chicken, but shrimp, beef, and pork are also great, or leave meat out for a fun vegetarian treat.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped bite-sized
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and onion, stir-fry 3 minutes. Add remaining veggies and stir-fry 5 more minutes.
- Combine and heat all ingredients for sauce together in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring the sauce until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer stir-fry to a large platter and pour sauce evenly over the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the platter with chopped nuts and cilantro. Serve with rice.