Almond Coconut Chicken Satay
- Ready In:
4 2 chicken skewers + 1 c salad + 2 T sauce
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- Combine almond butter, coconut milk, 1/4 cup lime juice, and curry paste in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Place 1/2 cup almond butter mixture in a small bowl; reserve. Add chicken to remaining almond butter mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from almond butter marinade; discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high; coat with cooking spray. Thread chicken evenly onto skewers; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken skewers to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until done, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, cilantro, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a bowl; toss. Serve salad with chicken skewers and reserved 1/2 cup almond butter mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Calories 412 Fat 25g Satfat 3g Unsat 18g Protein 34g Carbohydrates 16g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!