Grilled Chicken Satay Salad
photo by BLUE ROSE
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 flour tortilla, cut in half, then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Arrange tortilla strips in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make peanut satay dressing.
- Beat vinegar, peanut butter, peanuts, sugar, oils, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in small bowl with whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag; add 3 tablespoons dressing. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Brush grill rack with oil. Grill chicken covered, 10-15 minutes until juice is no longer pink.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Toss remaining salad ingredients in large bowl. Toss with chicken and remaining dressing.
- Divide salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle with tortilla strips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great weeknight salad. Weeknight because I keep precooked diced, marinaded (Recipe #1320) chicken in the freezer for just such recipes. I sub'd honey for the sugar for preference and left out the cabbage and cilantro because I don't keep those on hand. Husband actually licked the plate when it was gone.