Thai Chicken Satay
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe in the "Home Cooking" Magazine. The recipe was adapted by a University of Alberta Med Student named Helen Yeung. It is nothing short of "Awsome". I made it with Hot & Sour Soup and a Thai Salad. A big hit!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh cilantro
- cashews or almonds
- apples or banana
- Cut the chicken in 1 in pieces.
- Spray a large fry-pan or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Sear the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add Curry Paste and Corrinder and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Return the chicken to the pot, and add the next 9 ingred.
- Stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to med-low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir cornstarch and water and add to pot.
- Let cook until thick.
- Serve over rice with garnishes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION