Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pecans sweetened with coffee liqueur, and spicy with chili powder and cayenne. YUM. This recipe is courtesy of the Central Market in Fort Worth, Texas. Posted for Summer '09 Comfort Cafe.
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder (San Antonio Blend recommended)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (ultra-fine preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the pecan halves, coffee liqueur, oil, chili powder, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in a zip-lock plastic bag. Shake to coat the pecans.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake at 300º for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Loosen from the baking sheet and let stand until cool.
- You may store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.