- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble turkey into saucepan; sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, beans, bell pepper and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes or cilantro.