Tex-Mex Chili (Crock Pot)
photo by jerry mcghoulberry
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup vegetable juice or 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Brown beef and garlic until brown, drain well.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin, cook 2 minutes more.
- In crock pot, combine beans, celery, onion, peppers.
- Add undrained tomatoes, vegetable or tomato juice, tomato paste, and salt.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this stuff! When you're comfy with experimenting with it a little, you can add chopped sirloin or other steak, many varieties of sausage, black beans, kernel corn (yellow, white or mixed), 'shrooms as you please, and serve over anything from a baked tater to spaghetti, elbow mac, roasted eggplant or Spanich/Mexican rice. Yum !!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I live in Northern Indiana with our two sons. Love having a garden so we are able to can green beans and tomatoes, freeze sweet corn, pumpkin puree, and zucchini. I love to cook and try new recipes. I try to make out a monthly menu and stick to it as much as possible...I use a list of our favorite recipes new and old so we aren't tempted to eat out quite so much..it works for us. I recently lost 35 lbs with Trim Healthy Mama. I hope to find some THM friendly recipes here.