Black & White Vegetarian Chipotle Chili (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies or (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile, minced
- Stir everything together in a 4 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Set power to low and cook for 6 hours or longer (we usually let this cook for 10 hours).
- Serve with cheese or sour cream if you wish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this exactly according to the recipe and it was so bitter than 1 taste was enough. I have added more bean, corn, rice, sugar, soda, lemon juice, and am now cooking pasta to add to it. It's better, now a goulash, but still nothing I would want to make again. Thank goodness I tried this before preparing to serve it to others.
Very good and easy too! I was worried this would be too spicy so used only 1 T chili powder and skipped the chipotle -- I wish I used it because I thought it needed something. I was wondering about adding some frozen corn and the chipotle and the whole amount of chili powder next time. Thanks for sharing!