Chipotle Black Bean Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle chile)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili powder and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Join The Conversation