Your New Favorite Crock Pot Chili Con Carne - Without Beans
If you prefer an all meat, no beans chili then give this recipe a try. The crock pot leaves the meat very tender, the ingredients are easy to find if not already on hand, and the spice combination should provide a good base of heat-flavor for most people.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, can
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, can
- 6 ounces tomato paste, can
- 7 ounces diced green chilies, can
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (see Cajun Seasoning Mix by Mirj2338)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (trust me you won't be sorry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika (standard paprika can be substituted)
- 1 cup water
- In a medium skillet brown the meat in olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste, move the browned meat to the crock pot. .
- Brown the diced onion and minced garlic in the same pan and add to the crock pot.
- Stir in the diced jalapenos, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced green chilies, cumin, chili powder, cajun seasoning, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, smoked paprika, and water.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low -- until the meat is very tender.
- For more spice-heat use additional jalapenos or substitute a spicier chili. Since it's chili I assume you don't want less spice-heat so no instructions needed :).
- Toppings: grated cheese, sour cream, green onions. Don't be afraid to add your favorite hot sauce if you want even more spice-heat. If you really like heat try my personal favorite - Melinda's Naga Jolokia, but be careful :).
- Eat with: corn bread, flour tortillas, good bread, your favorite beer.