1/1 Photo of Sylvie's Vegetable Stuffed Tortillas
I had some vegetables to use up the other night and didn't want rice, pasta or potatoes again so I came up with these. I served them with a side salad and some natural low fat yoghurt (trying to stay off the sour cream). I hope you'll enjoy them as much as we did. You can just use bell pepper, but going to the extra trouble of roasting it first is really worth it, it adds a lovely sweetness to the dish (you can pop them under a hot grill while the first ingredients are simmering). If you like it spicy just add some chopped jalapeños, chili powder or red pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large flour tortillas (or 6 small ones) or 4 large corn tortillas (or 6 small ones)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped (aka zucchini)
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2-1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1In a large skillet heat the oil and fry the onion on a medium heat until it becomes transparent.
- 2Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- 3Add the tomatoes, courgette, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar and spices and simmer for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the kidney beans and roast pepper, simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- 5Divide the mixture between the tortillas (if you heat them very briefly in the microwave they become more flexible) and roll them up.
- 6Place the filled tortillas in a large baking dish, lined with baking paper or slightly greased, and sprinkle with your favourite cheese.
- 7Place in a preheated oven, 375°F/190°C/Gas 5, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has becomes golden and bubbly and the edges of the tortillas are starting to colour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sylvie's Vegetable Stuffed Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 878.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g