Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Yet another recipe from Southern Living 1981, Syllabub, depending on how it's made, can be a custard type dessert or a beverage. It's made with cream (or milk) and wine or other spirits. Recipes for Syllabub can be traced back to the 17th century. This particular recipe produces a lighter eggnog-type beverage. Cook time is the time listed to chill the beverage.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- heavy whipping cream, whipped, for garnish
- ground nutmeg, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sugar and wine on low heat in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan until the sugar dissolves; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and slowly add in the half-and-half.
- Beat until frothy; chill completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.