Prep 8 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We grill a lot-this is our best venison or beef marinade. Prep time includes 8 hours of marinating.
- 2 lbs round venison steak, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, cut in 2 inch chunks
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lowry's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Mountain Dew soda (or other lemon lime soda)
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over steak cubes.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- On skewers, alternate steak with vegetables and pineapple.
- Grill on high for 10-15 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
I didn't use the pineapple. I used red pepper, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, purple onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. The meat was very tasty! Will make again.
Used Beef, Sprite, and Apple Cider (instead of white) vinnegar. We marinated for about 6 hours. Our only complaint that the beef while tender, had a slightly mealy/grainy texture after cooking. The flavor was amazing though and I know we will make this great summer standard again and again. Thanks a bunch!
We really enjoyed these! Gorgeous and delicious. Loved the fresh pineapple and tomatoes. Used Sprite and beef. Thanks for sharing the recipe!