1/3 Photos of Sweet & Spicy Asian Pork
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Makes a great less than 30 minute week night dinner. An original recipe that I created for the 2 for 1: Leftovers Challenge in Cooking Photos. Make it your own by adding other or more veggies, and by increasing the hot red chili sauce--if you're a red hot lover. LOL
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups cooked pork, cut into strips (use leftover pork roast, if you have it)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and then, slice in halves
- 1/2 red peppers or 1/2 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tamari or 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons hot red chili peppers, sauce (or more depends on your preference)
- cooked soba noodles or rice
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- 1In jar with lid, combine all the sauce ingredients; shake to blend and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2Cook rice or noodles, drain and set aside,covered.
- 3Heat oil in wok or large skillet over Med-Hi heat.
- 4Add pork and cook for about 3 minutes; add onion, celery, and green pepper (and mushrooms, if using).
- 5Saute all for another 2-3 minutes. (The pork will brown nicely.).
- 6Add sauce and lower heat to medium.
- 7Cook until sauce thickens slightly; stirring to coat veggies and meat with sauce. Do not overcook the veggies; need to be crispy.
- 8Place rice or noodles in bowls or on plates and pour on the pork mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with green onions to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Spicy Asian Pork
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 4704.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: