Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
photo by Yearbook Mom
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 dash sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 1. In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- 3. Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I work at a Christian homeschool mom. I am the mother of 4 ranging from 18 down to 7, with only one non-picky eater. After being married 20 years, I was tired of the same meals, so I like to find new recipes. I love that I have yet to find a DUD among the rated recipes I have tried on this website. Watching my picky eaters try some of the new thing and liking them inspires me to try more.</p>