Asian Sweet & Spicy Sauce
This is our favorite sauce! It is great with sesame seeds and cilantro on battered chicken breast pieces. It is awesome on grilled chicken or fish. It would probably be great in a stir fry as well. We usually serve the chicken (or fish) with extra cilantro on top of the sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup lee kum kee hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil for a minute or two.
- Add everything except the vineger and mix well.
- Cook on low heat (simmer) for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar.
- Brush onto chicken or fish and enjoy!