Originally this was a recipe was from Feb 2007 Gourmet,but I DRASTICALLY changed it to a sweet+sour curry. I used tiny shells(cooled) to mix with the curry,+IT TURNED TASTING GREAT!
- 2 lbs chicken, cut in small chunks
- 15 ounces small shell pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 teaspoons hot curry paste
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, blended
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 lbs broccoli florets, defrosted
- 1 lb peas, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat or 1⁄2 cup sweet chutney
- 4 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- Cook shells.
- In a separate large pot, combine mincemeat, vinegar, ginger, garlic, tomato paste, curries, lime juice, raisins and briskly simmer.
- Add chicken, all vegetables, and simmer 20 minutes; taste and correct seasonings.
- When done, let cool and then mix in cooked COOLED pasta WITH IT.
very interesting recipe :D I halved it, which was plenty for four people. I used chicken fillets (chicken tenders), & cubed them. I omitted the raisins, since I don't care for them, and used the sweet chutney option. I used fresh broccoli. i did allow the chicken to cook for several minutes in the spices, before adding the vegetables, and added the peas towards the end, so that they wouldn't over cook. I added the coconut milk at the same time as the broccoli. I decided to omit the pasta, and rather serve this over couscous, which gave me plenty of sauce, which we enjoy. I found this more spicy than sweet and sour, but it was good. Another time, I might add chopped pineapple and some cubed bell pepper, if I wanted a sweeter curry. Good recipe, Larry, thank you! made for PAC Fall 2008